Friday, April 4, 2014

Junk Box



When the kids were young my husband had a junk box.  The kids had countless hours of fun making their own personal creations out of "junk."  Now, when I think of throwing things into a junk box it's your everyday items like a paper towel tube, strawberry baskets, bubble wrap…your regular household stuff.  Not my husband… he would throw in things like a broken sprinkler head, excess PVC pipe, an old dryer hose and the like.  You would be surprised what kids can create with their imaginations and a pile of junk.  If you don’t already have a junk box for your kids I encourage you to start one today – your kids will thank you for it. 

I am including a link that shows what a nine year old boy named Caine did with his pile of junk and a whole lot of imagination and creativity… I think you will be inspired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faIFNkdq96U&noredirect=1



Please share your comments and pictures of what your kids create from the junk box.

Happy creating!

Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Some of my best memories were creating masterpieces from that junk box! What a great idea to encourage others to do. I still rummage around in that box found some pretty cool stuff just the other day!

    ReplyDelete