Saturday, April 5, 2014

Explore More!



One of my very favorite childhood memories was a visit to the Exploratorium in San Francisco, when I was in 3rd grade.  Wow, what a field trip!! Although we all made our little girl squeals and screeches during the dissection of the cow’s eye, we were mesmerized and could not keep our eyes off the demonstration.  I was awed by the many activities demonstrating optical illusions and just couldn’t get enough of the shadow box that left behind the silhouette of me dancing minutes after I had left the room.  Who knew learning could be so much fun!

The fun continues today at the Exploratorium and if you are going to be anywhere near San Francisco with kids (or adults) I would highly recommend you check it out… and plan to spend the whole day!  You don’t have to wait for your next road trip to start exploring though.  Check out the Exploratorium online at  
http://www.exploratorium.edu/


              

 http://tinkering.exploratorium.edu/light-painting/


 


Have fun tinkering, creating, and exploring!

Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment